Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just having fun!


I love working with wood! I guess this started when I was young and watching my Dad in his wood shop carving things with his lathe. The smell of the freshly sawed wood always brought me into his shop to see what he was making. I was never allowed to work with the lathe as I was just too young.

Now I have my husbands dremel held hostage in my hands!!!! Oh, I love taking the bark off a fallen branch to see what beautiful wood lies beneath!

Today I found a branch, I have no clue what kind of wood it is. I know it has a thin bark and beautiful white soft wood beneath.

I visualize a little gnome home! So, tonight I started stripping the sides and the roof line. I hope I can get a chimmney out of it...not sure what the heck I am doing! I am just gonna go with the flow. Looks like a duck to me! Tonight I have a piece of wood I squared up the base, got the outline for the roof. We'll see where the gnome home goes from here!

Stay tuned to see what happens with it! Hopefully I will be able to make some lil gnome a home when all is said and done!

1 comment:

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

A gnome home would be cute. I love seeing the creative process at work.